Below you will find some useful information that will hopefully answer some of the questions you may have about the User Conference.
Need help building your proposal and presenting it to your manager? We’ve got you covered! We have put together a sample letter to get you started as well as a benefits of attending document that will help explain the benefit of attending our User Conference to your manager.
The temperature in San Deigo in April averages about 68 degrees for a high and 56 degrees for a low.
FM:Systems will gladly refund conference fees until Tuesday, April 4 with a $25 cancellation fee. No refunds will be made after that date.
San Diego Area
Omni San Diego Hotel is your headquarters for sun and fun in beautiful San Diego. California’s southernmost city boasts a sunny climate and an exciting mix of attractions sure to please any traveler. From museums and galleries to theaters and symphonies, San Diego embraces the fine arts. For a walk on the wild side, visit SeaWorld San Diego, Wild Animal Park or the famed San Diego Zoo.
Cross the hotel’s convenient skybridge to catch a game at PETCO Park. Looking for fabulous dining and shopping? Check out the trendy restaurants and nightclubs in the historic Gaslamp Quarter or outdoor shopping at Seaport Village. With miles of warm beaches, a beautiful natural harbor and more than 90 golf courses, you may never want to leave this paradise.
Explore San Diego’s many neighborhoods:
- La Jolla: La Jolla is one of the most popular beaches in California and has been consistently voted as one of the top beaches in the world. Make it out to La Jolla to see its incredible views and be sure to keep an eye out for whales!
- Mission Bay: Mission Beach has a 3-mile ocean boardwalk with shops, beach bars, restaurants and nightclubs.
- Point Loma Peninsula: Point Loma is home to the Cabrillo National Monument and has incredible views of San Diego’s skyline.
- North County Coastal: This region has some of the top San Diego attractions such as Legoland, SeaLife Aquarium, the Flower Fields at Carlsbad and the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
- Coronado: Coronado is located across the bay from downtown San Diego and known for it’s quaint shops and oceanfront views with incredible sunset views.
- South Bay: South Bay is located south of downtown San Diego and is where you can find Aquatica SeaWorld’s Waterpark and the US Olympic Training Center. South Bay is part of the largest US Naval base on the West coast.
- Gaslamp: The Historic Gaslamp Quarter offers an abundance of restaurants, bars, cafes and nightlife within walking distance from the Omni San Diego Hotel.
- Hillcrest: Hillcrest is San Diego’s LGBT community and offers a variety of bars, restaurants, cafes and shopping.
- Little Italy: Little Italy is a neighborhood that is packed with restaurants, breweries, wineries, art galleries and shops.
- North Park and South Park: You’ll find a lot of locals throughout these neighborhoods as well as cafes, boutiques, art galleries as well as restaurants and bars.
Please make plans to fly into the San Diego International Airport. The airport is approximately 15 minutes from the hotel and a cab would be approximately $35-$45 per trip.
The Omni San Diego Hotel is located in the Gaslamp district of San Diego and is within walking distance to trendy restaurants, shops and nightlife. All conference events with the exception of the Thursday night dinner are held at the conference hotel:
Omni San Diego Hotel in San Diego, California
675 L Street | San Diego, California 92121
Driving directions to the hotel.
When you call, please tell them you are with FM:Systems to ensure you get our discounted rate. Hotel rooms are the responsibility of the attendee and are $239 ++ per night. Reservations by attendees must be received on or before Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
We have put together a cost chart to help you estimate your conference expenses.
Conference registration is $900 per person through February 3; after February 3 the conference price will be $1,050 per person. This price includes:
- Drinks and light hors d’oeuvres during the Welcome Reception on Wednesday, April 19
- Breakfast and lunch at the Omni San Diego Hotel and dinner on the Admiral Hornblower private yacht (transportation will be provided) on Thursday, April 20
- Breakfast and lunch at the Omni San Diego Hotel on Friday, April 21
- A quarter day class is $125 or ½ training credit
- A half-day class is $250 or 1 credit
- A full-day class is $500 or 2 credits
Once you reach the conference hotel, you will not need transportation until your return trip to the San Diego International airport. All conference events are at the hotel, with the exception of the Thursday night dinner on April 20 in which transportation will be provided.
If you have any questions about restaurants or activities in the area, you may contact the concierge at (619) 645-6505.
The hotel features a complimentary gym for guests that is open 24 hours a day.
The dress code for all events at the conference is business casual. A light sweater or jacket is also a good idea for the occasionally cool meeting room.
For questions regarding the 2017 FM:Systems User Conference, please contact Leasha Jackson at email@example.com or (919) 582-9720.