The QA Engineer will work closely with the development and product teams. This role is responsible for creating and executing automated and manual software tests activities over a diverse set of interfaces ranging from web to IoT devices. The right candidate will have expertise with QA best practices and have proven experience performing all QA-related functions such as vetting requirements, creating Test Plans and test cases, executing test cases, creating automation scripts, measuring performance metrics, and reviewing regression results in order to quickly determine if our products are ready for market. QA team members work very closely with developers on an integrated team dedicated to delivering high quality solutions, and the right candidate will enjoy being part of a highly interactive, agile team.
- Works directly with product and development to understand project concepts, objectives and approach of software development projects.
- Provide QA-based perspective in sprint grooming of backlog items.
- Create, maintain, and execute automated and manual test cases for browser testing, RESTful API testing, and IoT device testing.
- Participate in all aspects of testing including functional, performance, and regression testing.
- Keeping the status of testing activities updated by continually using test management issue tracking.
- Reviewing functional requirements, design documents, and bug descriptions to create appropriate test plans.
- Verify and classify the severity of customer reported defects.
- Exposure to creating and maintaining automated tests.
- Experience creating manual test plans.
- Experience with non-functional testing including at least one of the following: security testing; load testing; performance testing.
- Experience testing RESTful APIs.
- Proficient with utilizing bug and defect tracking software.
- Possess fundamental SQL Server skills including writing queries and profiling commands.
- Strong communications, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are necessary. Ability to interact and communicate well with product and technology teams is required. Written and verbal communication skills must both be strong.
- Experience with Selenium based test automation solutions.
- Experience with using either TFS or git source control systems.
- Has worked on a Scrum team practicing an Agile development process.
- Experience testing within could-based environments such as AWS or Azure.
- Familiarity using AutoCAD or Revit.