FM:Systems, a leading provider of enterprise software for Facilities and Real Estate professionals, is seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator. You will be a member of a strong team that is working to evolve existing applications to modern services that will leverage infrastructure on the public cloud. This person will work closely both with our software development and support teams to evolve our industry-leading solutions to increase performance of SQL Server data stores, utilize analytics and reporting, and leverage cloud and NoSQL data stores where it makes sense.
ResponsibilitiesIn this role, you'll work as the database subject matter expert to maintain and tune our existing SQL Server infrastructure. This person will be a leader in identifying opportunities for systems and database structure improvements that align with database best practices. Additional duties include ensuring high availability of data stores, overseeing backup and recovery practices, measuring performance, and assisting with the design and implementation of a reporting data store. Other duties will include assisting in efforts to utilize public cloud based data stores, both relational and document based.
- 4+ years of experience as a SQL Server database administrator, including working with SQL Server 2012 or later
- Expertise in SQL Server performance tuning
- Experience with implementation of SQL Server high availability solutions, as well as database monitoring and alerting
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services
- Knowledgeable in the use of SQL Server Reporting Services
- Ability to be on-call during off hours
- Strong communications, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are necessary. Ability to interact and communicate well with product and technology teams is required. Written and verbal
- communication skills must both be strong.
- Relational or non-relational database administration on Azure or AWS
- Exago reporting platform
- Git or GitHub
- Team Foundation Server