Announcing FM:Interact 8.2
FM:Systems Announces the Availability of FM:Interact Version 8.2 with Scenario Planning and improved BIM integration
Enhancements also include support for Alternative Workspaces to streamline planning for dynamic workforces
RALEIGH, N.C. – February 25, 2013 – FM:Systems, a leading provider of integrated workplace management systems (IWMS) and computer-aided facility management (CAFM) software today announced the availability of Version 8.2 of its Web-based FM:Interact Workplace Management Suite. FM:Interact 8.2 offers a compelling set of new tools for facilities professionals helping them to better plan, optimize and manage their facilities.
“FM:Interact 8.2 gives our customers powerful new tools that will help them continue to be at the cutting-edge of facility planning” said Michael Schley, founder and CEO for FM:Systems. “We continue to work closely with our customers and our partners to develop an industry leading solution that allows them to manage facilities more effectively. With added support for alternative workspaces our customers can easily adapt to modern workplace requirements enabled by mobile technologies and a highly dynamic workforce.”
New capabilities include:
- Scenario Planning: The FM:Interact 8.2 Strategic Planning module now has scenario planning capabilities which allow users to proactively plan for and manage change in their physical space inventory. The Scenario Planning features enable space planners to evaluate multiple planning scenarios with interactive stacking and blocking tools including expansions, reorganizations, consolidations, reconfigurations and unexpected events such as environmental disasters.
In addition to the new capabilities introduced in FM:Interact 8.2, several additional enhancements have been added including:
- Support for Alternative Workspaces: Many modern organizations are adopting new approaches to workplace planning that have been enabled by mobile technologies and a highly dynamic workforce. These new approaches include flexible workspace, the ability to quickly support cross functional teams, more ad-hoc and collaborative areas, and support for flexible workspaces that break away from the practice of assigning one workstation per employee. To address these changes, FM:Interact 8.2 introduces Alternative Workspace capabilities to the FM:Interact Space Management Module.
- BOMA Area Calculations: Allows flexible support for classifying space by BOMA 1990, 1996, 2010A and 2010B standards for area calculation methods, including the ability to specify different methods for different buildings.
- New Floor Plan Viewer: FM:Interact includes a new floor plan viewer which is fast, intuitive, and requires no special installation.
- Extensibility Enhancements: FM:Interact users and business partners can now take advantage of extensibility enhancements that enable organizations to extend the out-of-the-box capabilities of the FM:Interact System including new functions for user-defined controls and actions on data forms.
- Improved BIM Integration: FM:Interact 8.2 provides customers with improved integration between the FM:Interact Workplace Management Suite and Autodesk® Revit®. This means building data can be made available to all stakeholders throughout the entire building lifecycle.
About FM:Systems, Inc.
By connecting people, place and process, FM:Systems helps facilities and real-estate professionals improve customer service, reduce costs and increase productivity enterprise-wide. FM:Systems Web-based software improves management of space, occupancy, moves, maintenance, leases and property.
Customer results include: real estate costs reduced by 15 percent, move spend reduced by 88 percent, enterprise productivity savings of $1.5 million and an internal customer satisfaction rate of 97 percent. Many of the world’s leading organizations rely on FM:Systems products, including CA Technologies, Devon Energy, FINRA, Freddie Mac, Herman Miller, Indiana University, Lockheed Martin, Northwestern University, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, and Target stores.
FM:Systems is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, and conducts business in the Americas, Africa, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information about FM:Systems, please visit www.fmsystems.com or call 1-800-648-8030.
Director of Marketing
603 343 5096 office
603 833 9546 mobile