FM:Systems Launches New BIM Integration and Sustainability Module
FM:Interact Version 8.0 helps customers drive sustainability efforts and share building information modeling (BIM) data throughout the building lifecycle
RALEIGH, N.C. – August 10, 2010 – FM:Systems, a provider of integrated workplace management systems (IWMS) and computer-aided facility management (CAFM) software, today announced the release of Version 8.0 of its Web-based FM:Interact Workplace Management Suite. The new release offers a groundbreaking BIM integration component, a new Sustainability Module and major enhancements in efficiency, scalability and security.
Connecting BIM and FM — Autodesk® Revit® Architecture Integration
A key feature of FM:Interact 8.0 is the direct integration with Autodesk® Revit® Architecture software. Every building has a complex lifecycle with a wide range of people managing information. The FM:Interact BIM Integration Component leverages building information modeling data to improve communication and collaboration between stakeholders as a building evolves. This provides an opportunity for architects, engineers, contractors and facility managers to share building information during initial design and construction, building operations, and renovation or retrofit projects. The BIM Integration Component lets customers:
- Create a bi-directional link between Revit models and FM:Interact Web sites via Web services
- Connect BIM data from design, construction and renovation to facility management and operations
- Manage FM:Interact Space Management inventory, allocations and occupancy in Revit Architecture
- Synchronize families in Revit models with building systems data in the FM:Interact Facility Maintenance Module
- Publish floor plans from Revit models to FM:Interact
“Contractors and building owners have been telling us they want to take advantage of the valuable data generated by the BIM process for facilities management,” said Nicolas Mangon, director building industry, AEC Solutions, Autodesk. “FM:Systems’ new version of their FM:Interact Workplace Management Suite marks an important step forward by leveraging the intelligent model information created by our Autodesk Revit Architecture software and extending it to facility operations and maintenance.”
Reducing Environmental Impacts and Operating Costs
The FM:Interact Sustainability Module helps facilities and real estate professionals bring environmental and financial impacts into balance. From a standard Web browser, users can manage critical information on energy performance, building certifications and sustainability projects like energy retrofits. The Sustainability Module enables users to:
- Analyze building and enviornmental impacts (energy, water, greenhouse gas emissions, recycling, waste and others)
- Forecast sustainability projects’ financial impacts (net present value, internal rate of return, ROI, payback period) and enviornmental impacts
- Manage building assessments and certifications using rating systems like Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), Green Globes, or BRE Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM)
- Engage occupants and management with enterprise access to sustainability information and dashboards
Transforming The FM:Interact Platform
Version 8.0 continues the tradition of FM:Interact as a flexible, enterprise platform for real estate and facilities professionals. FM:Interact Version 8.0 technical advances include:
- Migration to Microsoft® .NET platform – enabling faster, more secure, and more reliable Web-based applications
- Improved security – leveraging Microsoft Active Directory or LDAP-based identity management systems for simplified user and permissions management
- Web services-based integration with Revit Architecture and AutoCAD® software – improving performance and security and enabling collaboration with service providers
- Enhanced extensibility – providing a secure framework that supports tighter integration with external applications or adding custom capabilities to the FM:Interact platform
“BIM will transform the way facility managers work with AEC firms and others involved in the lifecycle of a building,” said Michael Schley, IFMA Fellow and CEO and founder of FM:Systems. “It is also imperative that we deliver a more sustainable built environment. These two trends will drive greater efficiency and visibility for the facility management profession. With FM:Interact Version 8.0, FM:Systems is helping facilities professionals take full advantage of these opportunities.”
About FM:Systems, Inc.
By connecting people, place and process, FM:Systems helps facilities and real-estate professionals improve customer service, reduce costs and increase productivity enterprise-wide. FM:Systems Web-based software improves management of space, occupancy, moves, maintenance, leases and property. Customer results include: real estate costs reduced by 15 percent, move spend reduced by 88 percent, enterprise productivity savings of $1.5 million and an internal customer satisfaction rate of 97 percent.
Many of the world’s leading organizations rely on FM:Systems products, including Ally, CA Technologies, Devon Energy, FINRA, Freddie Mac, Herman Miller, Indiana University, Lockheed Martin, Northwestern University, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, Progress Energy, and Target stores.
FM:Systems is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, and conducts business in the Americas, Africa, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information about FM:Systems, please visit www.fmsystems.com or call 1-800-648-8030.
Crossroads Public Relations on behalf of FM:Systems