FM:Interact 8.4.1 introduces an array of new functionality to the FM:Systems Integrated Workplace Management Suite. These features provide facilities and real estate professionals with the tools needed to effectively manage the most demanding building portfolios in today’s dynamic facilities environments.
FM:Interact Room Scheduling provides employees and teams access to meeting space suited to their specific needs and includes the ability to look up and reserve conference rooms and meeting spaces based on size, layout and included amenities. This allows organizations to meet today’s rapidly evolving demands to manage employees who are highly mobile and can work anytime and anywhere. Room Scheduling is an expanded feature of our Space Reservation module that provides functionality for both Hoteling and now Room Scheduling.
With Room Scheduling, facilities professionals can:
- Locate and book available conference room and meeting space by selecting from a list or identifying on a floor plan
- Identify spaces that fit their unique requirements by identifying rooms with specific layouts, equipment or amenities before reserving
- Gain insight into the actual demand rates of their meeting spaces
- Centralize the management of all meeting space into a single tool
- Easily configure approval workflows that can help to ensure that meeting space can only be reserved by approved departments
- Integrate request notifications, approvals and updates into common calendar programs that support ICS files
- Restrict the use of reservation space by applying calendar restrictions to a space or set of spaces
- Integrate with Microsoft Exchange servers to synchronize appointments in Exchange and FM:Interact
Graphic Theming gives users the ability to build and apply ad-hoc graphic views by selecting graphical elements from one or more graphic views and applying them to a floor plan.
For example, a user could select and apply to their floor plan an annotation from one graphic view, queries (crosshatching) from one or more other graphic views, and layer settings from a different graphic view.
In the FMx5 viewer, users can now drag and drop the graphic view legend to any desired location on their floor plan. The placement of their legend can be applied to all their floor plans or on a floor plan by floor plan basis.
In addition to being able to select spaces on a floor plan, permissioned users can also select objects from the FMx5 floor plan and see all the associated details about those objects.
Enhancements to the Room Picker Control
There has been several enhancements to the Room Picker control which include the ability to specify which graphic view should load by default for each Room Picker control—allowing the graphic view to be better tailored for the task being performed. Also, administrators can now configure warning messages that will display to users when they select a space not intended for the task they are trying to accomplish, such as attempting to move a person to a space not intended for occupancy.
By leveraging the power of HTML5, floor plans in FM:Interact and FM:Mobile can now be displayed using the FM:Systems FMx5 viewer. The FMx5 viewer quickly loads large, complex drawings, which allows users to access their floor plans with greater speed and perform tasks from the floor plan with greater ease.
FMx5 viewer allows users to:
- See data popups overlaid on the floor plan
- Multi-select and multi-edit spaces
- Export floor plans to PDF
- Perform room splits
- Add one or more employees to zones
- Change floor plans from within the viewer
- Drag and drop employees to assign or un-assign them from spaces on the floor plan
To access a list of supported browsers for the FMx5 viewer, refer to our 8.4 Compatibility Matrix.
Multi-select, edit and vacate
With the FM:Systems FMx5 viewer you can now mult-select, edit and vacate rooms with just a few simple clicks. These features allow users to save time by quickly selecting and editing multiple records at once instead of individually updating the details.
Drag and Drop Assignment
In continuing to enhance the ease of use of FM:Interact, you can now drag and drop employees in order to change their current location. Whether it is on the same floor or between buildings the FMx5 viewer increases the efficiency of updating space assignments.
Drag and Drop Move Creation
With the FM:Systems FMx5 viewer, you can drag and drop individuals from the floor plan to create a new move ticket or move project. Whether it is on the same floor or between buildings, this feature increases the efficiency of updating space assignments. The Move Management module automatically updates the Space Management module, ensuring your space and occupancy inventory is in real-time and reflects all the latest changes.
Workplace Survey Application Module
The FM:Systems Workplace Survey Application (WSA) is a new module that allows teams to easily create surveys in the FM:Interact Workplace Management Suite and complete them on their mobile device. The WSA is extremely versatile and configurable, allowing you to complete any type of facility assessment—from collecting information regarding space utilization to employee satisfaction and performance of a workspace or asset—all without an internet connection.
Simple and easy to use with no surveyor training required, the WSA stores collected data and provides you with a secure and consistent way to analyze and collect the facility information you want by allowing you to tailor an unlimited number of surveys to address your specific workplace requirements.
Support for Autodesk A360 Viewer
FM:Interact’s BIM integration in the cloud with the new Autodesk® A360 Model Viewer allows our customers to take greater advantage of their Revit models for operations. A360 not only streams the entire building model quickly to Web browsers and Apple iOS and Android devices, it also includes the data associated with the building elements in a way that end users can easily select building components in the browser interface to see real-time information about the item they are selecting.
Additional new features include:
- Ability to upload data from a spreadsheet—allowing users to quickly import data into their existing FM:Interact table
- Conditional grid edit—allowing users to restrict what records a role can edit on a view-by-view basis
- Facility maintenance privilege enhancements—including the ability to assign facility maintenance privileges to custom roles
- Conditional display of tabs in a view—allowing administrators to hide certain information that is only relevant if some other value in the view has been specified
- Ability to make Hoteling or Room Scheduling reservations from the info view—allowing permissioned users to perform more tasks from a single place and reserve a space directly from a floor plan
- Security additions—administrators can apply and enforce specific organizational security requirements and allow users to see information pertinent to their job roles
- Configurable graphic view hover text—administrators can change how the data displays in the Space Reservation module to meet their needs
- Auto refresh of views—administrators can define whether a view should auto refresh, and if so, after how many seconds. This allows users to always see up-to-date information without constantly refreshing their views.
- View-based calendar restrictions—administrators now have more options for managing FM:Interact calendars, such as blocking a selection of certain dates in a specific view without affecting available calendar options in other views.
- Group allocations on move posting—administrators can now optionally select the Move Management post process to assign groups or cost centers for the move-out and move-in rooms. This improves flexibility and allows shared space to be managed on a room-by-room basis instead of globally at the time of move.
- Hyperlink from an email directly to a data view—allowing users to quickly and easily find service requests and other critical data.